We are happy to announce that the eBook version (PDF) of the 16 Days in Berlin companion book has just been added to all accounts eligible. Just log in to your account on our shop website where you are also accessing the documentary.
The digital version is identical with the final layout of the printed book apart from the cover and a few legal pages. We are very proud of the result and used the delay caused by the pandemic to double down to deliver you a high quality book.
The final book contains on 200 pages:
• a chapter for each episode of 16 Days in Berlin, edited for reading and including photos, full colour maps and footnotes
• the entire expert interviews including unreleased parts
• a selection of quotes from eye-witnesses that weren't included in the documentary
• a chapter about exploring the Battle of Berlin by yourself
• forewords from Flo, Toni and Jesse
• an extensive bibliography of the sources we consulted for the film, and for your additional reading
Over the weekend we will finish the final touches on the cover and double check the required information for printing. We will then send the files to the printer and start fulfillment for the physical books. If you want to purchase a first edition of the printed book (and support our work), you can do so and save 10% off the post-campaign price by following this link until 31 May 2020, 23:00 CET.
As soon as we get information from the printer about shipping and production, we will share that with you. Due to the increased shipping costs in the wake of the pandemic, we needed to make the choice to switch from hardcover to softcover. However, this choice meant that we could pick higher quality paper, make the book longer and include more photos and maps than we initially thought. So, hopefully you will appreciate this change.
Last but not least: You will see that we are adjusting the design of the shop a bit. Your feedback in the customer surveys indicated that there is room for improvement and it should be easier to navigate now. If something doesn't work or you have any problems, you can always reach us at email@example.com
All the best
Flo, Jesse & Toni